Over the last twenty years, surgery and endoscopy have changed dramatically. A new discipline, which uses flexible as well as rigid endoscopes for therapy, gradually emerges : surgical endoscopy. It therefore seems essential to provide education of surgical endoscopy.
The educational objective of this University Diploma is to acquire basic knowledge and skills in the field of surgical flexible endoscopy to improve management and care of patients presenting complications of gastrointestinal or hepatobiliary surgery or in needs of endoscopic treatments following surgery.
The training is designed to provide an educational program in surgical endoscopy, in sequential steps including both theoretical and practical training. The course is delivered over an academic year in 4 progressive learning modules. The exam takes place during the session at the end of the curriculum. Each module is evaluated through a multiple choice questionnaire allowing access the next module, respecting deadlines of modules calendar.
• THEORY (ONLINE AND ON SITE): 100H
• PRACTICE: 50H
• CLINIC: 150H
* Training will be provided in English and French to allow opening of the online platform internationally.
Initial training and continuing education diploma:
- Digestive surgeons or gastroenterologists
- Residents from the 6th semester, Chief residents
- Practitioners from private or public institutions
Number of participants : 34 participants
To promote innovation in surgery, the opportunity is given to a wider audience (medical students, non-medical professionals, industry partners, engineers, …) to follow the theoretical component of the curriculum. This limited participation will not lead to graduation.
Administrative Registration fees for the year 2017-2018: amount set by ministerial decree
– To be paid to University of Strasbourg
Specific curriculum fees: – To be paid to IHU Strasbourg
- Initial training: 800 € for residents, € 1940 for chief residents
- Continuing education: € 2,280 (self-paid), € 3,420 (employer sponsored)
Places will be allocated on the following basis:
– Up to 5 residents
– Up to 7 chief residents
– No limit for practitioners (up to the maximum of 34 participants)
Auditors (access to online modules only), excluding medical students in 1st or 2nd cycle:
- Registration fee: € 800
For more information on the Surgical Endoscopy University Diploma,
you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org