Over the past twenty years, surgery and endoscopy have changed dramatically. A new discipline, using rigid as well as flexible endoscopes for therapeutic purposes, is gradually emerging. It therefore seems essential to provide training in surgical endoscopy.
We are pleased to invite you to join the 7th edition of this University Diploma.
The educational objective of this University Diploma is to acquire basic knowledge and skills in the field of flexible endoscopic surgery to improve care management of patients subject to complications in gastrointestinal or hepatobiliary surgery or requiring postoperative endoscopic treatment.
The course is designed to provide an educational program in surgical endoscopy, through sequential steps including both theoretical and practical training. Its curriculum is organized over one academic year in 4 progressive learning modules. The exam takes place at the end of the course. Each module is evaluated through a multiple choice questionnaire for the theoretical part and with a training supervisor for the practical part allowing access to the next module, meeting the module deadlines.
- THEORY (ONLINE AND ON SITE): 100H
- PRACTICE: 50H
- CLINIC: 150H
* To open the online platform internationally, the languages of instruction are English and French
Initial training and continuing education diploma:
- Digestive surgeons or gastroenterologists, practitioners from private or public institutions
- 6th semester residents, chief residents
Number of participants: 34 participants
To promote surgical innovation, the opportunity is extended to a wider audience (medical students, non-medical professionals, medical industry partners, engineers, …) to follow the theoretical component of the curriculum. This limited participation will not lead to graduation.
Administrative Registration fees for the year 2020-21: To be paid to University of Strasbourg
- 243 € (amount established by ministerial decree) – Specific curriculum fees : To be paid to IHU Strasbourg
- Initial training: 850 € for residents, 2250 € for chief residents
- Continuing education: 2900 € (individual cover), 3900 € (employer sponsored)
Places will be allocated on the following basis:
- Up to 5 residents
- Up to 7 chief residents
- Up to a maximum of 34 participants for specialists
Free auditors (access to online training modules only), excluding undergraduate and second cycle medical students.
- Registration fee: 850 €
For more information on the Surgical Endoscopy University Diploma, you may contact us at: Contact US